Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Muffins
So this year I made pumpkin custard which literally was like pumpkin pie filling in a dish rather than in a crust baked in a water bath. Since I only made 4 custards, I was left with some extra pumpkin custard filling. Not being one to waste things, I decided to bake some muffins (which could easily be pumpkin bread if you wanted). In fact – you could probably use this recipe and just omit the pumpkin custard if you wanted and just use the base recipe if you wanted. Either way – these turned out to be super tasty and I’ll be turning this into an after Thanksgiving tradition.
Yields 30 regular sized muffins or 2 loaves of bread
1 cup leftover pumpkin custard
1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin (not pie filling)
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar, granulated
1 cup sugar-free applesauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup oat flour
1 cup gluten-free baking flour
1 1/2 cups almond flour/meal
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin tin or lightly grease your glass loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin custard, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract. Set aside. In a larger bowl, thoroughly mix together all of the dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring constantly.
- Once everything is mixed together, add the water and stir.
- Evenly distribute the batter into your muffin tins or loaf pans.
- If baking bread – cook for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If baking muffins – cook for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.