Mini Egg Bakes To Go
These are super simple to make and perfect for a grab and go breakfast during a busy work week. I filled mine with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, onion, and garlic – but you can fill it with anything you like. Use your choice of egg beaters, egg whites (this is what I used), or regular eggs – they all come out perfect! Just remember that 1 egg bake = 1 serving make sure you breakfast also includes a dose of healthy carbs and some healthy fat (think apple slices that are full of filling fiber with 2 tsp of almond butter). Enjoy!
- Egg whites (or your choice of egg)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 bag fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese of choice (optional – do not add if you are paleo)
- non-stick cooking spray OR olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray non-stick spray in a saute pan, cook onions and garlic, stirring often so they don’t burn. Add mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted add salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray 6 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Depending in the size of your muffin tin, measure out 3-4 TBSP of egg whites in each tin (or 1 egg per muffin cup), then evenly distribute your sauteed veggies into each cup. Sprinkle with just a touch of cheese for flavor (we don’t want to add to many extra calories).
- Place in oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven, let them cool until you can handle them. Place in small containers to easily grab them out of the fridge and go!