I warmed up with a 2 mile run – but feel free to warm up as you please.
Today I utilized super sets. Too many people don’t take advantage of this simple concept. It’s all about working smarter not working harder. Get an efficient workout in, in half the time, and burn more calories and fat because you are keeping your heart rate in the fat burning zone. Love it!
Super Sets – Sets of 3, weights of your choice
Super Set 1
- Chest Press – 10-12 reps
- In-and-Outs (balancing on the bench, extend your legs out and bring them in towards your chest and then back out, that equals 1 rep) – 20 reps
Super Set 2
- Flies – 12-15 reps
- Roman Chairs – 15 reps
- Cable Press – 10-12 reps
- Side Plank dips – 10 reps per side
Super Set 4
- Tricep Dips – 10 – 12 reps
- Butterfly Situps – 15 reps
Super Set 5
- Tricep push downs – 10-12 reps
- Heel Taps – 15 reps per side
Cool Down – I did 5 minutes on the open stride cardio machine. Feel free to bike or walk on the treadmill if you like. You’ll see in this quick workout – you will have completed 225 abdominal exercises for a killer abs workout in addition to your chest and triceps. A win-win in my opinion. I was able to complete this entire workout in 60 minutes exact (2 mile run and 5 minute cool down included) and that’s with writing the exercises down in my phone. If I hadn’t taken notes, I probably could have completed this faster.
These are super simple to make and perfect for a grab and go breakfast during a busy work week. I filled mine with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, onion, and garlic – but you can fill it with anything you like. Use your choice of egg beaters, egg whites (this is what I used), or regular eggs – they all come out perfect! Just remember that 1 egg bake = 1 serving make sure you breakfast also includes a dose of healthy carbs and some healthy fat (think apple slices that are full of filling fiber with 2 tsp of almond butter). Enjoy!
- Egg whites (or your choice of egg)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 bag fresh baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese of choice (optional – do not add if you are paleo)
- non-stick cooking spray OR olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray non-stick spray in a saute pan, cook onions and garlic, stirring often so they don’t burn. Add mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted add salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray 6 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Depending in the size of your muffin tin, measure out 3-4 TBSP of egg whites in each tin (or 1 egg per muffin cup), then evenly distribute your sauteed veggies into each cup. Sprinkle with just a touch of cheese for flavor (we don’t want to add to many extra calories).
- Place in oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven, let them cool until you can handle them. Place in small containers to easily grab them out of the fridge and go!
Need a leg workout? Want to have buns of steel? Or how about killer legs? Here is a quick leg burner for sure! If you plan on using weights, I would use a weighted barbell for heavier weights or a weighted body bar if you’d like to use light weights, however body weight is always an option as all. Remember, you don’t have to use weights for all the exercises, you can pick and choose what is best for you. Enjoy!
Warm up – 5 minute quick walk on the treadmill (3.5 pace – 4.0 pace)
10 box jumps
10 Alternating Lunges (10 per side)
10 Side Lunges (10 per side)
10 frog jumps
Complete 10 circuits with a 90 second rest in between each set.
Don’t forget to give yourself a good stretch when you are finished – you earned it!
This is totally how I felt the last three days of my run! Getting back to it sucks!