Big Fat Blueberry Muffins
1 cup Whole-Wheat Flour
1 cup Fresh Blueberries
1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk (or almond milk)
1/4 cup Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
1/4 cup Liquid Egg Substitute
1/4 cup Splenda, granulated
3 TBSP brown sugar, not packed
2 TBSP light whipped butter or buttery spread
2 TBSP no-sugar added applesauce (get Mott’s Blueberry delight if you can find it)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine soymilk, syrup, egg substitute, butter, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer or whisk, mix until thoroughly blended. Do not worry if butter bits do not break up completely.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until completely blended. Then fold in the blueberries.
5. Line a 6-cup muffin pan with baking liners or spray with non-stick spray. Evenly distribute the batter among the 6 baking cups.
6. Bake in the oven for about 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
The best part about this recipe is that it only makes 6 muffins which is perfect for my husband and myself. Baking twelve muffins would be entirely too much for just the two of us and they would go bad before we could eat them all. Now I don’t feel like I have to eat 2 muffins a day in order not to be wasteful. I can just enjoy one and know that it’s guilt-free!